Saturday, August 23, 2008

out with the OLD & in with the NEW

Matthew renovated our upstairs bathroom! He finished about 3 weeks ago now, but I just got around to posting pictures of it today!! Well there are still a few things left to do...he'll put our new window in, baseboards are going to be much like the edging on our countertop and the wall part under the counter will be finished!

If you ask me, I think he did a wicked amazing job...WICKED AMAZING!!! He never really intended on fixing it up yet...but when he went to replace the old toilet for a newer one and found out that the floor was rotted right out...and then the same thing with the tub surround...MOLD mold and more mold...he had to re-drywall...so one thing led to another and here we are with a classy make over!

Matthew did every inch of this himself...he finished the cupboards in oak veneer, granite tile for countertop, floor, subfloor, grouted tile, the oak walls took substantial time having to run up and down two floors for measuring and cutting outside. I could keep going on with the crazy amount of beautiful details that he added to our bathroom. I LOVE IT (can you tell?) I don't mean to go on and on...but I'm just so proud of Matthew and his skills. I've come to realize that if he doesn't know how to do something...he'll figure it out and do an awesome job!

Thanks hunny, for your effort and the wonderful job that you did on our bathroom and everything else in our house that you touch! I love you my handiman!!
Love Lisa xoxo

Here are some before and afters...some of the colouring is off...but you'll get the jist!












3 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks Amazing! Way to go Matthew, very classy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Matthew, great job! Sometimes I wish you guys were closer...our bathrooms could use some 'wicked amazing' sprucing...actually I have a long list of things that I would like to see done. Unlike Matthew, I am not handy...unless you count that I am handy at phoning people to do the work!

Great work, and nice pics! Hope the pumpkins are feeling better! Luv Nancy

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Your bathroom looks amazing!

Susy