Thursday, September 18, 2008

not to complain but....

My house is a mess,
I look like a FRUMP,
I have no clothes for this new season that fit me
and
have no time to myself....

in other (more happier news)

I have an awesome husband,
three healthy, amazing & sweet kids,
a wonderful family,
the bestest friends,
beautiful home...
and to top it all off GOD IS GOOD.....PERIOD!!!

So I'm just remembering the words to my all time favorite hymn...

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done

When upon life's billows
You are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged
Thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings
Name them one by one
And it will surprise you
What the Lord has done

CHORUS

Are you ever burdened
With a load of care
Does the cross seem heavy
You are called to bear
Count your many blessings
Every doubt will fly
And you will be singing
As the days go by

CHORUS

When you look at others
With their lands and gold
Think that Christ has promised
You His wealth untold
Count your many blessings
Money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven
Nor your home on high

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, good news is I think you're NORMAL! I think that as moms we all have those moments...I know I do. No clothes that fit? Go shopping! You gotta give yourself a break, Isla is only a few months old! Hope you're feeling better! Your kids are beautiful, and sadly won't always be so small and needy!