Thursday, November 06, 2008

melts my heart...

Before I forget to post this I need to tell you about a little something that happened on Monday.

Ezra was invited to a little girls house for a princess tea party...Matthew had a meeting so I also brought Matthijs and Isla along. There were 4 little girls invited to the tea party...Matthijs was the only boy there! He was already feeling a tad left out because the party was prepared for the little girls who were invited...the crafts and the pink frosted cupcakes!

When the girls were done doing their crafts and such they made their way into the little girls bedroom to play with her birthday gifts. After a few minutes Ezra made her way out..."Excuse me, Sarahs mommy? Ummm, the girls are telling Matthijs that he can't come into her room and play."

(say it with me....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)

Sarahs mom expressed sympathy for Matthijs. Then Matthijs started to walk away and go into the basement to play alone...Ezra ran up behind him "Matthijs, wait for me, I'll play with you!!!" (again....awwwwwwwwwww) Ezra decided to leave her friends at the party and go and play with her brother because he was being left out!

So after the party when we were driving home I told Ezra how proud I was of her and how God had given her such a good heart. She asked why and I told her because she was looking out for Matthijs when his feelings were being hurt. She said "Well, I heard the girls talking that Matthijs couldn't come in, and when I looked at Matthijs his face went really, really sad. I told them that that was making Matthijs' face sad and they still said that he couldn't come in. But then Sarahs mommy came in and told them that everyone is welcome."

Ezra you are so sweet...thank you for loving your brother, looking out for him and recognizing that he's hurting. Not only that but I'm so proud that you're not a follower...you make your own decisions and follow your heart. I pray you stay that way baby...Jesus is proud and so are we!

That night Matthijs told mommy that EZRA is his best friend!!! You are the bestest sister babes!

I love you so much! We must be doing something right!

No comments: