Thursday, February 12, 2009

Power of suggestion???

So Ezra has been pretty sick for a few days now....we've been to the doctor twice in two days...shes being treated for an ear infection...had temps reaching 104.5 at one point. I was so scared!
Anyways...she's pretty dramatic when taking her medications (like her mommy always was and still is)...she's doing good but when it came time to giving her antibiotics she was losing it! Matthew was trying to tell her that it tasted like jolly ranchers....well after that didnt work I brought it up a notch....I opened the fridge took out the med. and started reading the ingredients out loud.....hummmm who wouldve thought???
Amoxicillan - Jolly Ranchers, Jelly Beans & Smarties.

Ezra face lite right up! Then Matthew says, "isn't it made by Willy Wonka mommy??" So I checked out the fine print...whatdya know,,,WILLY WONKA MAKES AMOXICILLAN!!!!
Guess who drank back her medicine in no time flat!?!?
The power of suggestion...I think so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haaa, it's so true!! I made fresh Spinach & Cheese ravioli one night and told the kids the green stuff was 'just spices' and they ate it up! lol .. then another time we had it, Jaden told Cole when he asked what it was.. that it was just 'green cheese' and was delicious..lol
There comes a time as a parent where you just gotta lie! :)
Melanie