Wednesday, November 04, 2009

NightLight


A couple of months ago I was really struggling...I was just feeling very unsatisfied...On Sept 10th I was watching a message online from Lifechurch.tv. Pastor Craig Groeschel had a guest speaker that day, a woman named Christine Caine who preached a message titled STOP ACTING LIKE A CHRISTIAN - BE ONE and changed my life forever!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE MESSAGE

She also shared about what she was doing regarding human trafficking and the sex trade in Greece. My heart broke & was bawling at the thought of young baby girls, as young as 4 years old being sold and forced into sex slavery, servicing up to as many as 20 men a day.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH A SHORT VIDEO THAT CHRISTINE CAINE PUT TOGETHER FOR THE A21 CAMPAIGN

This really had made me realize how selfish I had been, complaining about my amazing life. A deep passion began to grow in my heart, and I decided I had to do something-immediatly. I researched for hours online, looking for a way I could get involved, it was then I learned about NightLight, a ministry that provides friendship, support and employment to sexually exploited women and children.


CLICK HERE FOR THE NIGHTLIGHT WEBSITE

Here's a blurb from their website:

"Through NightLight Design, women are making beautiful jewelry from silver, semi-precious stones, pearls and decorative beads. NightLight Design provides an economic alternative for women who previously had no hope of freedom from their circumstances. When you purchase these products you are securing the freedom of women who have been exploited or were at risk of exploitation in the bars of Bangkok, Thailand."

I contacted NightLight the very same day and asked if I could develop my own version of one of those home parties to raise awareness and sell jewellry for these women. They were more than supportive. I ordered a dvd and some product to display. I put together a 51 paged catalouge of all of the NightLight product and asked a local printing business to donate them to this cause! I was so excited & encouraged that Print Pros Plus very happily donated four catalouges, without hesitation. I have four parties scheduled for November. I am so very excited to present the facts of human trafficing and to do ALL I can to sell jewellry for NightLight...there is a waiting list of 10-15 women who want out and the more we sell, the more women that can be saved!

I would love for you to consider buying jewellry from NightLight...it's beautiful, affordable and an amazing, amazing cause. If you are interested in hosting a party I would be so grateful. It is an awesome opportunity to share with a group of women and team together to help make a difference. This is non-profit and 100% of the proceeds go directly back to NightLight. I won't make any money, or free jewellry and neither will those who so graciously host!

Thank you for enduring this long blog post. If you want to contact me for more information or if you would like to know what you can do - email me at westermanlisa@yahoo.ca

LET'S DO IT...WE ARE GOD'S PLAN....THERE IS NOTHING ELSE!!!
LET'S BUY & SAVE LIVES!

No comments: