I'm reading a really good book right now, my friend Sherri had suggested. Here are a few bits and pieces from "Don't Make Me Count To Three" by Ginger Plowman
"Sometimes I feel like just getting dressed and making it through the day is all I ever accomplish,..."isn't there something more that you wanted me to do today, Lord?.....I was able to dust, organize, clean, counsel, and cook. I kissed away the boo-boos and washed away the tears. I praised, rebuked, encouraged, hugged, and tested my patience, all before noon.
Yes, my greatest accomplishment today was nurturing the precious children that God has entrusted to my care.
God DOES have an important job for me, and it does require much skill. It is my calling, my priority, my stuggle, and my goal. I will rise to the occasion and accept the task at hand. I will love, nurture, and train my children the way that God has called me to do.
...The joys of motherhood (parenting) are rare and beautiful treasures that can be easily missed if we don't seize the opportunity to grab them."
This book is really helping me to raise my children in the ways of the Lord...dealing firsthand with the issues of their hearts!
A Summer Gathering Of Thoughts
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment