I am so blessed!
Matthew and I try so hard to be a godly example to our children. We want them to grow up knowing God...and knowing Jesus. Not just knowing about him....but experiencing it, living it.
Just a few minutes ago I was reading a story about praying to Ezra & Matthijs before nap and Ezra asked if God can hear her when she prays in her head. I said that it didn't matter how you prayed, quiet, loud, in your head, whatever - God is always listening! She said, right, because He is in our hearts right? I said yes, right!! Then Matthijs asked, "is Jesus in my heart?" I said, "yes, why don't you tell Jesus if you want him in your heart and if you want to follow him" Matthijs, without hesitation put his little hands on his chest and said "Jesus, be in my heart. I want to follow you."
I am so proud to say that Ezra & Matthijs already at such a young age want to live for Jesus. They want to please him, love him and follow him. How amazing!!!
Matthew and I can only pray that their love for the Lord will grow in time...staying real, forever!!!
Thank you Lord for giving me these precious opportunities. To be home with my kids, and to take part in such amazing conversations with them. Use me Lord for the things you want to do in their lives and the lives of others.
AMEN!
A Summer Gathering Of Thoughts
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment