Saturday, June 14, 2008

it's been a ROUGH week...

Anyways, things here are crazy....it's been one thing after another!!!

As if thrush and cracked nipples weren't painful enough...throw some mastatis in the mix and thats what we've been dealing with!!! Ive had some really bad, and emotional days this past week!

Thursday morning my midwife told me to go to the ER right away and thought that my mastitis had gotten worse...so off I went which was hard for me to leave Isla and the thought of her having formula while I was gone was very tough for me to deal with. Sure enough, I was hooked up to IV and stronger antibiotics were given through that(oh did I forget to mention it took 5 TRIES to get the IV in!!!!)...they asked to me to come back again yesterday for another dose...and ended up having a run around at the hospital for 4 hrs!!! Anyways...Im back on the oral ones now and feeling better now that the lock (stupid IV thingy) is out of my arm!!! I was also happy that I was in and out of the ER in 2 hrs on Thursday and was able to get home and feed Isla before the formula was given as a backup!

Now Isla and I are both just trying to get through our 2nd round of Nystatin for thrush, and me for mastitis! Needless to say, the pharmacy is our 2nd home and I also feel like the ER has been my 3rd home these last couple of days!

We look forward to our life returning back to normal (whatever that is)

There you have it...our week in a nutshell!!! Could be worse right?!?! I am thankful that it was just that...and that our experiences this week don't come close to comparing to what others are going through!
I just praise God we are all healthy!!!

Hope you all had a great week!!

Lisa

________________________________________

ONE MONTH OLD

Lets put a more positive spin on this post...Isla is one month old today!!! Here are some of the things she is doing so far:

* you make "ah" sounds when she hears mommy and daddy
* you still sleep most of the time...but starting to stay awake for longer periods
* you love to be held
* you hate your baths
* you hold your head up well
* you like to smile at us
* you weigh 10lbs 3oz
* you are super duper cute...see...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a ruff week. Hope next week gets much better for you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa :( That definitely was a terrible week! I hope you are on the road to recovery so you can enjoy your summer with your beautiful family. I love reading your blog and looking at all your wonderful pictures so keep at it ok? Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, you sure are busy! I am sure sometimes it seems like too much, but you are strong and you will pull through! Look at those beautiful kids and you'll remember that it is all worthwhile. We all go through tough times, just makes us appreciate when things are going smoothly. I hope today is a great day for the Westerclan. Love Nancy