
This morning I decided to take Matthijs to the potty after he woke up. He's never interested in it...but I thought I'd give it a shot.
Nothing happened...so I brought our potty into the family room and told him that if he had to go pee to just go to the potty. A few minutes later Matthijs calls out "daddy I poo poo" (he thinks that pee and poo are BOTH poo) Matthew looks over sure enough he had peed on the floor, but had stood up right after and ended up peeing a lot in the potty half way through the accident he had just had!
We were so proud that without any prompting at all he stopped peeing on the floor, held the rest of his pee until he made it to the potty...and finished what he started!!!! Matthijs got lots of praise, a sticker and our famous potty dance!!
So who knows...but I'd say that was a step in the right direction!!!! Way to go handsome...we love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment